PLAN YOUR VISIT
Please note all information below is subject to change
Travel to Halesworth
The rail station is a short walk from 3 of the Festival venues and a further 2 minutes to the heart of the town.
From Norwich, take the A146 then the B1332 to Bungay.
From Bungay take the A144 to Halesworth.
From Ipswich and London, take the A12 north and turn onto the A144 just north of
From Lowestoft, take the A12 south, turn right on to A145 at Blythburgh and then
left onto the B1123.
PARKING IN HALESWORTH
There are several car parks in Halesworth – as you can see from the map below, they are well placed for the town centre and the 6 festival venues
SOME ALLOW LONG TERM PARKING – OTHERS ONLY SHORT TERM
Car Parks in Halesworth
Parking fees apply most allow paynent by cash, card or Ringgo app
- The Coop Supermarket, Saxons Way, Halesworth, IP19 8LU = FREE 24 hours
- Angel Link North, Halesworth, Suffolk, United Kingdom, IP19 85 – £ long stay
- Angel Link South Car Park, Halesworth, IP19 8S – £ long stay
- Thoroughfare Town Car Park, Halesworth, IP19 8AH – £ 4 hours max
- Bridge Street Car Park, IP 19 8AB – £ long stay
- Station Road Car Park, Station Road, Halesworth, IP19 8BZ £ all day
- Halesworth Station Car Park, The Railway Station, Halesworth, IP19 8BZ £ all day
- Market Place -FREE parking Thursday max 2 hours – Saturday CLOSED ON SUNDAY
Prices and locations for specific times can be found here on Parkopedia
Disabled spaces can be seen here using Parkopedia with Disabled Spaces only selected
MAP OF VENUES AND PARKING
TRAVEL BY BUS
Local services connect Halesworth with Beccles, Bungay, Lowestoft, Norwich and Southwold. Timetables are available at www.suffolkonboard.com.
GETTING AROUND HALESWORTH
The Hoppa Bus
FIND YOUR WAY AROUND THE FESTIVAL VENUES
The festival has expanded in to a multitude of different places around the town of Halesworth, offering unique performance spaces spread over 6 exciting venues.
VENUE ADDRESSES AND POSTCODES
- Angel Stage
- The Angel Hotel, 30 Thoroughfare, Halesworth, IP19 8A
- Cut Theatre / Cut Studio / Cut Kiln Radio
- The Cut, New Cut Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8BY
- Kings’ Theatre
- Kings’ Car Showroom, 46 Quay St, Halesworth, IP19 SEY
- Museum Exhibition
- The Halesworth Museum, The Railway Station, Station Road, Halesworth, IP19 8BZ
- Rifle Hall Stage
- The Rifle Hall, 47 London Rd, Halesworth, IP19 8LR
- White Swan Theatre
- The White Swan, 4 London Rd, Halesworth, IP19 8LH
GET TO KNOW HALESWORTH
WHILE YOU ARE HERE:
FOOD AND DRINK at INK FESTIVAL VENUES
During the Festival there will be plenty of places to stop for refreshments.
Halesworth also offers a wide choice of places offering everything from sandwiches, deli plates, takeaways, pub food to fine dining.
THE GALLERY AT THE CUT (SECOND FLOOR) for delicious lunches
Famous Suffolk Black Dog Deli owners bring their best flavours to the Festival in a pop up restaurant – not to be missed!
Black Dog Deli festival Café serving delicious sit-down lunches with fresh salads, desserts and wine from noon. Also home-cooked pastries, and cakes from 9.30
- Black Dog Deli Festival Café
- Open from 9.30am -5pm – Lunch from 12pm
- Serving delicious sit down or take away lunches with fresh salads, desserts and wine from midday
- Home-cooked pastries, and cakes from 9.30am
THE SUFFOLK COFFEE COMPANY (SECOND FLOOR) freshly roasted coffee
Christopher Rayner-Green founder of the UK’s most bespoke Coffee Roastery brings his Suffolk blend to the Gallery at the Cut.
- Open from 10-5pm
- Serving freshly roasted coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
- Beans and ground coffee for sale to enjoy at home.
THE FOYER AT THE CUT (GROUND FLOOR)
- Café run by the Cut Café Volunteers
- Open from 9.30am
- Serving snacks, drinks and light meals
REFRESHMENTS AT THE OTHER VENUES
The Angel Hotel, Thoroughfare, Halesworth
Perfect for a pre theatre meal – bookings are open – 01986 873365
Thoroughfare, Halesworth – Open from 9m – 10pm
Serving food 12-2.30pm and 5.30-9.00pm
The Stables offers a wine bar exclusively for INK from 5.00pm
Serving food in Cleone’s Italian Restaurant 12-2.30pm and 6pm-9pm
The White Swan, London Road, Halesworth
Open from 12 noon -11.00pm
Curry night on Thursday night 5-9pm booking essential 01986 872273
Sunday from 2pm Hog Roast – first come first served
The Rifle Hall, London Road, Halesworth
Rural Coffee Caravan will be serving tea, coffee, soft drinks and delicious cakes from 10am to 5pm
EATING AND SHOPPING IN HALESWORTH – there is so much choice
- ANCIENT HOUSE BISTRO – breakfast, lunch and dinner – in a family-run eatery – open Thursday – Saturday
- THE ANGEL HOTEL – Bar, Restaurant And Rooms – for a range of carefully prepared, great value, authentic dishes. Pre theatre bookings available.
- BLACK DOG DELI- Deli, Restaurant, Café – showcasing the fantastic artisan products coming from our region.
- THE BOARDING HOUSE – Restaurant, Cocktails And Rooms – enjoy beautiful food in a beautiful setting.
- CLEONE’S ITALIAN RESTAURANT at the ANGEL HOTEL – Authentic Italian Food
- EDWARDS RESTAURANT – For Home Cooking at its best
- FARMHOUSE BAKERY – filled rolls, sandwiches and cakes eat in or take away
- FOCUS ORGANIC – café and take away at our Deli, Health & Lifestyle shop
- ROSE AND RHUBARB – coffee and delicious home made cakes and savouries
- SEASHELL – Halesworth’s fresh and beautifully cooked Fish And Chips
- WHITE HART– A town centre pub with a friendly welcome, enjoy delicious fresh food and quality drinks. It’s best to book on 01986 873386. Brunch served 10-12 – dining times vary – please check with their website.
- WHITE SWAN – A friendly local pub serving real ales – curry nights and a Hog Roast at weekends
Halesworth Bookshop is supporting INK with a number of events – please see here
One of the last independently owned thoroughfares, Halesworth offers a unique
shopping experience with traditional shops nestled alongside their modern
- Boutique 14a – Quality women’s Clothing and Accessories
- Cecily Amy – Opticians
- Coopers – For Home Garden
- Halesworth Book Shop – Books, Gifts Cards – open every day of the !
- Halesworth Florist & Greengrocer – Greengrocers, Florists, Gifts
- Harrison & Co – a gallery showcasing local art
- Hetty’s Little Copy Shop – Gifts Printing Services
- HUUS – Contemporary Home Accessories & Gifts
- Jools And Rose Boutique – Contemporary women’s Clothing Accessories
- Market Place Wine Shop – wines, spirits and beers
- MELONS – greengrocer
- The Feed Barn – pet supplies
- The Green House – are a social enterprise bringing plants and people together to raise wellbeing
- Valerie’s Consignment Store – Pristine, Pre-Loved Clothes
Here are some ideas of where to stay during your visit. Stay a while and visit the East Suffolk Coast.
- The Boarding House, Halesworth – Boutique Guest House and B&B
- The Angel Hotel, Halesworth
- Bridge Street Garden Studio, Halesworth
- Satis House Hotel, Yoxford
- Vicarage Farmhouse B&B, Bungay
- Wilderness Reserve, Sibton
- Ivy Grange Farm Barn book here (sleeps up to 7)
- Ivy Grange Farm B&B book here
If you need any advice please email our info team
INK Festival Accessibility Statement
THE INK Festival takes place across a few venues in the small town of Halesworth. We do our very best to ensure the whole site is as accessible as possible. If you have any particular needs relating to your comfort or enjoyment of events or venues, please let the Box Office know at the time of booking, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or when booking your ticket online.
INK Stewards will be on hand at each venue for advice and our Box Offices in the Thoroughfare and The Cut Arts Centre will be open throughout the Festival to assist you.
All but two of our venues have wheelchair access and are accessible by car. Please see below.
There is a complimentary Hoppa Bus available to take less able festival goers from one venue to the next (see timetable above) the Hoppa can accept walkers, but not wheelchairs.
For nearby parking and blue badge spaces, please see the section on parking higher up this page. Or visit parkopedia. It is possible to reserve a parking space for a small number of people with accessibility needs – please notify email@example.com beforehand or talk to the Box Office on arrival.
Carers and Companions
We offer a complimentary ticket for a carer/companion who is necessary for your visit. Please select this option when buying your ticket, or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you notify us in advance, our stewards will be expecting you – simply make yourself known to them on arrival.
Customers and their companions are welcome to visit our venues before attending a performance to familiarise themselves with the venue’s layout. Please contact us to request a pre-visit – email@example.com
Assistance dogs are welcome at all venues.
ACCESSIBILITY BY VENUE
The festival takes place in multiple venues around Halesworth – see above how long it takes to walk to each venue.
There are 3 venues at The Cut Arts Centre:
The Cut is committed to providing access as widely as possible to our local community. The following measures are to support those who wish to access our facilities.
There is a platform lift to transport you to the concourse and from there into the theatre. From the concourse there is a lift to the WC in the basement, to the INK Cut Studio and to the INK Festival Café and Art Exhibition on the 2nd floor.
In the theatre the front row consists of removable seats that can be taken out for wheelchair users as needed.
An induction loop is fitted within the auditorium, not in the Studio or Kiln Room.
There are two disabled toilets in the building, one accessible by lift and another via the rear entrance.
Limited disabled parking is available on request in advance please via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to be featured in this page – please contact Cate at email@example.com