PLAN YOUR VISIT
Please note all information below is subject to change
Travel to Halesworth
The rail station is a short walk from 3 of the Festival venues and a further 2 minutes to the heart of the town.
From Norwich, take the A146 then the B1332 to Bungay.
From Bungay take the A144 to Halesworth.
From Ipswich and London, take the A12 north and turn onto the A144 just north of
From Lowestoft, take the A12 south, turn right on to A145 at Blythburgh and then
left onto the B1123.
PARKING IN HALESWORTH
There are several car parks in Halesworth – as you can see from the map below, they are well placed for the town centre and the 6 festival venues
SOME ALLOW LONG TERM PARKING – OTHERS ONLY SHORT TERM
Car Parks in Halesworth
Parking fees apply most allow paynent by cash, card or Ringgo app
- The Coop Supermarket, Saxons Way, Halesworth, IP19 8LU = FREE 24 hours
- Angel Link North, Halesworth, Suffolk, United Kingdom, IP19 85 – £ long stay
- Angel Link South Car Park, Halesworth, IP19 8S – £ long stay
- Thoroughfare Town Car Park, Halesworth, IP19 8AH – £ 4 hours max
- Bridge Street Car Park, IP 19 8AB – £ long stay
- Station Road Car Park, Station Road, Halesworth, IP19 8BZ £ all day
- Halesworth Station Car Park, The Railway Station, Halesworth, IP19 8BZ £ all day
- Market Place -FREE parking Thursday max 2 hours – Saturday CLOSED ON SUNDAY
Prices and locations for specific times can be found here on Parkopedia
MAP OF VENUES AND PARKING
TRAVEL BY BUS
Local services connect Halesworth with Beccles, Bungay, Lowestoft, Norwich and Southwold. Timetables are available at www.suffolkonboard.com.
GETTING AROUND HALESWORTH
THE HOPPA SHUTTLE BUS.
There is a return shuttle service for anyone with mobility issues to reach certain performances comfortably: Click here for Hoppa Timetable – COMING SOON
FIND YOUR WAY AROUND THE FESTIVAL VENUES
The festival has expanded in to a multitude of different places around the town of Halesworth, offering unique performance spaces spread over 6 exciting venues.
VENUE ADDRESSES AND POSTCODES
Below you can see the distances between the venues to help plan your day.
- Angel Stage
- The Angel Hotel, 30 Thoroughfare, Halesworth, IP19 8A
- Cut Theatre / Cut Studio / Cut Kiln Radio
- The Cut, New Cut Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8BY
- Kings’ Theatre
- Kings’ Car Showroom, 46 Quay St, Halesworth, IP19 SEY
- Museum Exhibition
- The Halesworth Museum, The Railway Station, Station Road, Halesworth, IP19 8BZ
- Rifle Hall Stage
- The Rifle Hall, 47 London Rd, Halesworth, IP19 8LR
- White Swan Theatre
- The White Swan, 4 London Rd, Halesworth, IP19 8LH
WALK TIMES BETWEEN VENUES (APPROXIMATE)
GET TO KNOW HALESWORTH
WHILE YOU ARE HERE:
VISIT THE HALESWORTH TOWN WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS
FOOD AND DRINK at INK FESTIVAL VENUES
During the Festival there will be plenty of places to stop for refreshments.
Halesworth also offers a wide choice of places offering everything from sandwiches, deli plates, takeaways, pub food to fine dining.
THE GALLERY AT THE CUT (SECOND FLOOR) for delicious lunches
Famous Suffolk Black Dog Deli owners bring their best flavours to the Festival in a pop up restaurant – not to be missed!
Black Dog Deli festival Café serving delicious sit-down lunches with fresh salads, desserts and wine from noon. Also home-cooked pastries, and cakes from 9.30
- Black Dog Deli Festival Café
- Open from 9.30am -5pm – Lunch from 12pm
- Serving delicious sit down or take away lunches with fresh salads, desserts and wine from midday
- Home-cooked pastries, and cakes from 9.30am
THE SUFFOLK COFFEE COMPANY (SECOND FLOOR) freshly roasted coffee
Christopher Rayner-Green founder of the UK’s most bespoke Coffee Roastery brings his Suffolk blend to the Gallery at the Cut.
- Open from 10-5pm
- Serving freshly roasted coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
- Beans and ground coffee for sale to enjoy at home.
THE FOYER AT THE CUT (GROUND FLOOR)
- Café run by the Cut Café Volunteers
- Open from 9.30am
- Serving snacks, drinks and light meals
REFRESHMENTS AT THE OTHER VENUES
The Angel Hotel
Perfect for a pre theatre meal – bookings are open – 01986 873365
Thoroughfare, Halesworth – Open from 9m – 10pm
Serving food 12-2.30pm and 5.30-9.00pm
The Stables offers a wine and gin bar exclusively for INK from 5.30pm tbc
Serving food in Cleone’s Italian Restaurant 12-2.30pm and 6pm-9pm
The White Swan, London Road, Halesworth
Open from 12 noon -11.00pm
Curry night on Thursday night 5-9pm booking essential 01986 872273
Sunday from 2pm Hog Roast – first come first served
The Rifle Hall
London Road, Halesworth
Rural Coffee Caravan will be serving coffees and light refreshments From 10am to 5pm
EATING AND SHOPPING IN HALESWORTH – there is so much choice
- ANCIENT HOUSE BISTRO – breakfast, lunch and dinner – in a family-run eatery – open Thursday – Saturday
- THE ANGEL HOTEL – Bar, Restaurant And Rooms – for a range of carefully prepared, great value, authentic dishes. Pre theatre bookings available.
- BLACK DOG DELI- Deli, Restaurant, Café – showcasing the fantastic artisan products coming from our region.
- THE BOARDING HOUSE – Restaurant, Cocktails And Rooms – enjoy beautiful food in a beautiful setting.
- CLEONE’S ITALIAN RESTAURANT at the ANGEL HOTEL – Authentic Italian Food
- EDWARDS RESTAURANT – For Home Cooking at its best
- FARMHOUSE BAKERY – filled rolls, sandwiches and cakes eat in or take away
- FOCUS ORGANIC – café and take away at our Deli, Health & Lifestyle shop
- ROSE AND RHUBARB – coffee and delicious home made cakes and savouries
- SEASHELL – Halesworth’s fresh and beautifully cooked Fish And Chips
- WHITE HART– A town centre pub with a friendly welcome, enjoy delicious fresh food and quality drinks. It’s best to book on 01986 873386. Brunch served 10-12 – dining times vary – please check with their website.
- WHITE SWAN – A friendly local pub serving real ales – curry nights and a Hog Roast at weekends
One of the last independently owned thoroughfares, Halesworth offers a unique
shopping experience with traditional shops nestled alongside their modern
- Boutique 14a – Quality women’s Clothing and Accessories
- Cecily Amy – Opticians
- Coopers – For Home And Garden
- Densons – Jewellers
- The Feed Barn – pet supplies
- Halesworth Florist & Greengrocer – Greengrocers, Florists, Gifts
- Halesworth Book Shop – Books, Gifts And Cards – open every day of the Festival!
- Hetty’s Little Copy Shop – Gifts And Printing Services
- Horse And Garden – Pet Supplies, Equestrian Store, Garden And Gifts
- Hunk Dory – Retro and Vintage Store
- HUUS – Contemporary Home Accessories & Gifts
- MELONS – greengrocer
- Jools And Rose Boutique – Contemporary women’s Clothing And Accessories
- Market Place Wine Shop – Well chosen wines, spirits and beers
- Valerie’s Consignment Store – Pristine, Pre-Loved Clothes
- Fit 2 Vape – Vape Shop
Here some ideas of where to stay during your visit. Stay a while and visit the East Suffolk Coast.
- The Boarding House, Halesworth – Boutique Guest House and B&B
- The Angel Hotel, Halesworth
- Bridge Street Garden Studio, Halesworth
- Satis House Hotel, Yoxford
- Vicarage Farmhouse B&B, Bungay
- Wilderness Reserve, Sibton
- Ivy Grange Farm Barn book here (sleeps up to 7)
- Ivy Grange Farm B&B book here
If you need any advice please email our info team
If you wish to be featured in this page – please contact Cate at email@example.com