2023 Short New Play
Calling All Writers
Submit your script before 24th September 2022 to be considered for
INK Festival 2023
where we will be producing and performing more than 50 of the successful entries.
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Entries must be new writing or never professionally performed in the UK
- Entries submitted online. No paper entries
- Entries should be 12-point text and include page numbers, a title page, and character list
- Please include a short synopsis of no more than 50 words
- Send scripts in Word format (not a PDF)
- You may submit only one script per category
- LINK TO SUBMISSION PORTAL WILL BE LIVE FROM 1st August 2022
- Submission deadline: Midnight Saturday 24th September 2022
A short play of up to 20 minutes on any topic which could utilise technology to create a wow factor.
ENVIRONMENTAL PLAY – “RISING WATERS”
A short play of up to 20 minutes on the 1953 Great Flood and/or future floods.
PHYSICAL PLAY – “RUN WILD”
A short play of up to 20 minutes, which should include an opportunity for physical theatre.
YOUTH PLAY (18 & UNDER) – “A.I”
A short play of up to 10 minutes about artificial intelligence for no more than 3 actors.
A radio play of 44 minutes (approx. 8500 words) on any topic. Please submit just a few sample pages of the script and 250 words about the play and yourself as a writer.
A radio comedy of up to 20 minutes.
A short play of up to 45 minutes with songs. Please submit a few sample pages of the script and attach 3 selected songs as an MP3 file.