Have you always wanted to write a play for stage or radio?
Have you written a play but would like help to make it “stage-ready”?
Would you like the opportunity to hear your work read by professional actors?
If so, then our Beginners’ Script Writing Workshops is for you.
Ten workshops will be run on ZOOM on alternate Wednesdays from:
Wednesday 29th September 2021 to Wednesday 9th February 2022 from 12.00-13.30.
The final workshop will be a showcase of your work and you will have the opportunity to submit a short script or excerpt of a script, for a rehearsed reading given by INK’s professional actors. This is an amazing opportunity to have your work read by professional actors in a supportive environment.
Over the weeks, the workshops will include such topics as:
- Writing the self. The importance of back-story and how your own life experiences can inform your writing
- Creating characters. How to give your characters depth and individual voices
- Basic Plot Structure
- The importance of re-drafting
- Dialogue – how to get it wrong and how to get it right
- The pitfalls of too much exposition – how to show, not tell
- Sources of Inspiration
- Monologues and Writing for Radio
The Workshops will be led by Griff Scott, INK’s Outreach Leader. Griff’s plays have been performed at INK Festivals and at several theatres throughout Essex.
In October 2021 Griff’s work will be performed at the first Colchester Fringe Festival and her stage play One of Those People will be performed at INK Festival in April 2022.
Please note these workshops are aimed at beginners. For those with more experience, you may find our INK’s Intermediate Workshop more suitable.
Cost: £35 for all 10 workshops payable in advance
For questions or an enrolment form, please contact Griff Scott on email@example.com or telephone 07908 221060